Thursday, March 22, 2012

Beginning solid foods

You should always wait a trial period when giving a baby a new food, even if it is a spice.  Anything can be a potential allergen.  I started Mason one at a time with each new foods, then I would start combining them once he had had each item.  I always wait a week in between each new food.  Some experts say 3 to 4 days, but a week is easier for me because then I only have to cook one day a week for the entire week and also his first allergy took a week to come out.  With all the recipes I will post I have combined them for a reason.  I always mix a constipating food with a non-constipating food, this will help to keep baby regular and not uncomfortable.   Before trying any of these mixed recipes please make sure your baby has already had all the ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment