Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Beginning

Hello there,

Well this is my first post and I have no idea what i am doing but here it goes anyway!  I never thought that I would be writing a mommy blog, but since having my son I feel the need to document everything.  My son Mason for who this blog will be about is the most amazing thing I have ever done.  Truthfully I am not even sure were to start but as an adult I look back on my childhood and there are almost no pictures of me as baby.  So I swore that it would be different for my child.  I want him to be able to look back and have an almost day by day recollection of his childhood.  I also feel the need to write everything down, I guess maybe I don't want to forget all the little things and also to heal you'll see why:

The beginning:
We found out we were pregnant on Friday October 22, 2010.    On Tuesday October 26th, my mother was flown to a hospital to have an emergency quadruple bypass surgery.  She woke up for the first time on Tuesday October 26th from the surgery.  I spoke to her for a couple of minutes, then again on Wednesday October 27th.  She had complications that night and passed away the next morning at 4:36am.  My biggest regret in life was not having the chance to tell her that I was pregnant with her grandchild.  I truly believe that I found out I was pregnant right before she passed so that I could not let the grief overcome me.  Every milestone that we had during the pregnancy was bittersweet, I was excited to hear good news and sad at the same time that I could not share the news with my mother.  I also regret that I never spoke to my mom about her experiences being pregnant with me, I would have loved to hear what she went thru to see if we had any similar stories. 
We told our family and friends the good news on Thanksgiving Day.  I was 9 weeks pregnant and we couldn't wait the 12 weeks to tell everyone.  Both of our families needed to hear some good news; I lost an uncle earlier that year, my mother, my husband  lost his step-father three months earlier and we also lost my husband's uncle in May of 2011.  So the birth of our son was a ray of light in what seemed like an cloud that was stuck over our family.
My due date was Wednesday June 29th, 2011.  I was three days late and did not go into labor until very late Friday evening.  Mason was born Saturday July 2nd, 2011 via emergency c-section.  Our lives have never been better!

1 comment: